4 Fingers Crispy Chicken

May 09, 2013

Just a random photo of me

Just the other day, I went out with my girlfriend and Ian, just to hang out because final assessment was over, and job hunting was just the beginning. We settled for 4 Fingers Crispy Chicken at Ion, B4, for dinner because Ian said it was well raved about online, so we decided to give it a try.

Honestly I got a shock because of the price of the set meals that they were offering, $10 for the set meal shown below. 3 chicken drumlets, fries and a small cup of soft drink. There are choices for the flavours of the chicken drumlets, spicy, soy or garlic if I'm not wrong. I have to say they were pretty yummy, the spicy (the ones I had), were not overly spicy, just nice not to make your stomach burn. The skin was REALLY crispy, which is what everyone looks for, and the meat inside is not too dry. However, the flavour was only in the skin, and if you didn't manage to get some meat along with the skin you bite off, the chicken tastes really plain.



Loved the packaging though, it's really cute and innovative. The place was really packed so it was rather tough to get a seat there, the queue was also really long because they only had one counter. However, I think the kitchen crew is pretty fast on the orders, so kudos to that! You don't have to wait too long if you're feeling hungry.

Price: 8/10
Taste: 7.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10


I think it's really expensive if you compare them to like buffalo wings or something. Although the chicken might be bigger than normal, it's still very steep on price. I'm really only marking it down because of the price, being some sort of fast-food like, I think the price for the smaller set meals should be much lower than what it is.

What I do love about food like these, insanely nice flavourful MSG. Unhealthy as it already is, MSG is what makes these food taste good.

To sum this up, I'm probably not going to go back to 4 fingers crispy chicken unless their prices go down a little. By a little, I mean like, I'm okay if it was $7 or $8, because at $10, breaking it down, each chicken is about $2, like SERIOUSLY!?!??! I don't know how many chicken wings I can get at the market for $2. I know rental at Ion is expensive and all, but $10 for a small set meal I feel is way too overpriced.

On a random note, my friends were so cute because they were encouraging me to take photos and review this on my blog. We were talking about the skin, how crispy it was, the texture of the chicken, and the price of it. I love how encouraging my friends are.

If you're really curious about the taste and all, go ahead and try it! And tell me what you feel about it.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

A post shared by Madeline Chin (@madalineee) on